“Advanced Traffic Management System” is a Geographic
Information System (GIS) – based inventory application
for the maintenance and operation of the traffic management
The Advanced Traffic Management System automates and streamlines
the internal processes of Traffic Engineering Division. The
application supports sections of the Traffic Engineering Division
by encouraging better coordination and administrative processes
within the departments. Traffic Engineering Management Application
is a browser-based system, which facilitates the process of
filing work orders and related information online electronically.
This product is a set of modular components designed to efficiently
schedule, approve, assign, track, coordinate, prioritize,
and follow-up activities. This provides a common portal and
medium for sharing information across the engineering division
as well as other government agencies.
The “ATMS” Enterprise Application for Traffic
Management was designed and developed focusing on the aspects
of integration and automation of various process regarding
the Installation, Maintenance, Monitoring and tracking of
the various traffic related devices which the division would
use for traffic management purposes at the various Roads and
Intersections within the county.
The Traffic Engineering Management Application is a browser-based
system, which facilitates the process of filing work orders
and related information online electronically. The technologies
used in developing the application are ASP and VB, Crystal
reports, .NET, SQL Server 2000.
For more information, please e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Traffic Management Application electronically allows
filing issues and resolving problems reported by external
parties, consultants, citizens, etc. The produced job requests
escalate through the event reporting, execution, schedule,
assign, track coordinate and prioritization process.
- The system also provides the ability to produce, coordinate,
schedule and record activity, such as those that can be
globally viewed by entire teams through the execution phases
of the job requests.
- The system supports reporting in the form of a global
delivery method, essentially through the distribution of
reports from one central, and easy to access location.
- The application automates management processes and allows
for efficiency in addressing issues and concerns.
- The Automated Traffic Management System consolidates manual
processes across business units, providing the capability
of on demand support, generating statistical and decision
management reporting, that improve efficiencies including
time and costs.
- The Automated Traffic Management System has the ability
to capture real-time status of the devices, equipments and
communications that are deployed at various locations throughout
- The system has an inventory management section which provides
the users with option to enter and manage the device and
component details. Radiant worked closely with the traffic
department to design the data and information capturing
screens such that vast amount of details can be captured
using a single screen for a specific device.
- This would include data regarding the device make, installation
details, networking details, maintenance details etc. The
location of the device which is also part of the data that
need to be captured could be pulled from the GIS section
and directly entered as X, Y coordinates.
- The system consists of an integrated solution, which includes
a GIS enabled section, which is seamlessly linked to the
inventory management section using which the traffic dept
can manage and track the traffic devices and components
installed at the various intersections within the County.
- The seamless integration between the GIS section and the
inventory section in the ATMS gives the Traffic Division
the facility to confirm the exact location of the device
on the GIS MAP and check the details of the same device
such the installation date, Installation details, Device
make details, Maintenance details etc. in the inventory
section in a just a click.
- The GIS for ATMS application is so designed such that
through a specific framework, the GIS section provides the
working status of the installed devices and components on
a real time basis.
- The system also consists of a GIS MAP sections, which
is web enabled and open to the public.
- The system is access controlled based on end user roles
which can be set by the administrator
- The system is built and deployed on Microsoft platform.
The GIS section was designed and developed using ArcGIS
- GIS enabled solution for pictorial and Map based references
- Save time using the automated work flow based on the optimized
- Seamless access to device data from GIS Map to Inventory
- Elimination of data duplication and unnecessary paper
- Centralized data repository and access.
- Reduce cost and increase staff efficiency
- Built with a component based architecture, facilitates
easy customization and minimizes implementation efforts
- Complete web-based, 24/7 access